Recurring Integrations Scheduler: File already exists

I’ve recently run into a problem with Recurring Integrations Scheduler and I think I won’t be the only one, therefore I’m going to explain it here. The Recurring Integrations Scheduler (RIS) supports both the old recurring integrations API (enqueue/dequeue) and the new package API, which is the recommended approach. With the package API, you can …

Continue reading ‘Recurring Integrations Scheduler: File already exists’ »

Application Explorer filtering

Application Explorer in AX 7 allows easy filtering, which is extremely useful, because trying to locate something in AOT is what we do all the time (I really missed this feature for many years). It looks simple, but it’s very powerful, if you know how to use it. First of all, you can simply put …

Continue reading ‘Application Explorer filtering’ »

Do you collect information?

It’s over and over again. – “We don’t know” – “It’s long time ago” – “He doesn’t work here anymore” – “The cat are my homework”… You’re solving bugs, changing some older code, you’re trying to upgrade an application to a newer version, to analyse impacts of a process change, to reveal an administrator password …

Continue reading ‘Do you collect information?’ »

Blog syndicated on Dynamics Community

From this day on, you can find some posts from this blog directly on Microsoft Dynamics Community site (specifically under Community Home » Microsoft Dynamics AX » Blogs » Goshoom. NET Dev Blog). It contains the English version only (you must go here to goshoom.net for switching to Czech) and only articles explicitly related to …

Continue reading ‘Blog syndicated on Dynamics Community’ »

File code page conversion (Powershell)

Today I needed to convert few files from Windows-1250 code page to something reasonable (which means UTF-8 :)) and I decided to write a Powershell script for it. Oddly enough, I was not able to do that in “pure” Powershell – it’s because I work on US Windows (CP-1252) and I didn’t succeed in imposing …

Continue reading ‘File code page conversion (Powershell)’ »