Find D365FO labels in Powershell

You can use Dynamics 365 > Find labels… in Visual Studio to find D365FO labels, but its capabilities are quite limited. Sometimes a better option is searching through the underlying text files directly and you can easily automate it with Powershell. The following script looks at all label files for US English and finds all …

Continue reading ‘Find D365FO labels in Powershell’ »

First chance exceptions

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations runs completely in “.NET”, which has some interesting implications. The runtime and tools working with it (such as Visual Studio) offer many new options that may be very useful. One of these options is the ability to catch first chance exceptions. When an exception is thrown, it’s considered a …

Continue reading ‘First chance exceptions’ »

Report printed to e-mail

You can easily send a D365FO report in email just by configuring print destination to Email and setting a few properties. You can do the same from code, where you can also set the body. You must create an instance of SrsReportEMailDataContract class, fill it values and pass it to SRSPrintDestinationSettings.parmEMailContract(). Here is an example: …

Continue reading ‘Report printed to e-mail’ »

Printing reports from code in D365FO

A comment below my blog post Printing reports from code in AX2012 asked me to provide an example for D365FO. Here is it. The code is virtually identical. Only writing a file to a shared folder doesn’t make a good sense in cloud, therefore I changed the code to return the file to user for download. …

Continue reading ‘Printing reports from code in D365FO’ »

Weird behaviour after moving a form to another package

I recently had to move a form to another package, because we decided to extract some functionality to its own independent package. I moved files, built both packages and everything looked fine, so I started making changes for a new requirement. But later I noticed something strange in the form. When I opened the form, …

Continue reading ‘Weird behaviour after moving a form to another package’ »