Microsoft recently released Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Solution Demo Package V4, i.e. a new version of the virtual machine with Dynamics AX and related components installed and configured. The version of AX there is 2012 R2 CU7.
I successfully downloaded, unpacked and imported VM A (30 GB), but when I tried to boot it, I got the following error:
0xc000000e A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed
I tried few changes in settings and even different versions of Hyper-V to no avail. Finally I tried to fix the master boot record and other boot data – and that helped!
Here are the instructions:
- Mount a Windows Server 2012 installation disc or a disc image (in VM settings). Ensure yourself that CD is the first boot device (section BIOS in Settings).
- Start the VM and confirm the boot from CD.
- Select/confirm a language, keyboard layout and so on.
- Don’t click Install now – choose Repair your computer instead.
- Click Troubleshoot and than Command Prompt
- Call these commands:
- Confirm the Window installation to be added to boot.
- Reboot the VM and let it boot from disk.
I pinged MS and I got this reply
We have fixed the image and will be uploading the new one in the next couple of days.
Great. Thank you for letting me (and others) know.
This worked for me. when i mounted the virtual disk to another vm and brought it back it to its original vm it gave me this error. thank you so much. i thought i was going to have to restore from a snapshot!
Your post also helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing!
Grazie, Grazie, Grazie!
You saved my week-end!
J reboot a Windows 2012 server foundation and don’t works. With starter cd and you support now it works.
Wow, thank you! I’ve been struggling with a Server 2012 R2 installation that failed on me… couldn’t restore from my backup (TBD why). Was able to convert the backup’s VHDX file to a WIM and get that written to the drive with DISM, but it still wouldn’t boot. Somehow stumbled across this post and tried the commands above, and it’s working now!