AX TFS WorkItems is an extension for Dynamics AX 2009 allowing to link Team Foundation Server 2010 work items to a source code changeset.
- selection and run of work item query (queries are defined in TFS)
- selection of one or more work items for linking with a changeset
- warning if no work item is selected (and corresponding Check-in policy in TFS is active)
Unsupported features related to those mentioned above:
- hierarchical queries
- work items can be only linked, you cannot choose “Resolve”
- no comment can be specified when overriding Check-in policy
New tab “Work Items” has been added to the Checkin form. A query (defined in TFS) can be selected by a lookup here and it can be executed be the “Run” button. The first run of the lookup is slow, because a connection to TFS is being created.
Mark one or more work items (using the “Include” column). These work items will be linked to the created changeset during checkin.
If the “Work Items” Check-in Policy is activated in TFS and no work item is selected, the following dialog will be shown:
- Dynamics AX 2009
- Team Explorer 2010
- Team Explorer 2008 SP1 + Forward Compatibility Update for TFS2010
Team Exploreru 2008 installation
Team Explorer 2008 must include Service Pack 1. If you add Team Explorer to Visual Studio 2008 SP1, you have to run SP1 installation once more to update Team Explorer.
Apply Forward Compatibility Update for TFS 2010 (download here) on Team Explorer 2008 SP1. It allows AX2009 to communicate with Team Foundation Serverem 2010.
AX TFS Work Items installation
AX TFS WorkItems consists of two parts. One part is made up of changes in Dynamics AX and the second part is a .DLL library simplifying access to TFS API. Therefore the installation requires two steps:
- Place AxTfsWorkItems.dll to the Bin subfolder in the AX client folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Client\Bin).
- Import TfsWorkItems.xpo (if you have any modification regarding version control, ensure yourself that they don’t collide with the imported modifications).