Microsoft recently released Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Solution Demo Package V4, i.e. a new version of the virtual machine with Dynamics AX and related components installed and configured. The version of AX there is 2012 R2 CU7.
I successfully downloaded, unpacked and imported VM A (30 GB), but when I tried to boot it, I got the following error:
0xc000000e A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed
I tried few changes in settings and even different versions of Hyper-V to no avail. Finally I tried to fix the master boot record and other boot data – and that helped!
Here are the instructions:
- Mount a Windows Server 2012 installation disc or a disc image (in VM settings). Ensure yourself that CD is the first boot device (section BIOS in Settings).
- Start the VM and confirm the boot from CD.
- Select/confirm a language, keyboard layout and so on.
- Don’t click Install now – choose Repair your computer instead.
- Click Troubleshoot and than Command Prompt
- Call these commands:
- Confirm the Window installation to be added to boot.
- Reboot the VM and let it boot from disk.